Available Cards: State ID & Driver’s license of Kentucky.
Term: 8 years for current license; 4 years for prior license; CDL term may vary.
Number: 9 characters beginning with alpha (generally first letter of last name), followed by 2-digit year of original issue, ending with 6 randomly assigned digits, hyphenated in groups of 3.
Template: Current design validates Kentucky IDs issued by the DMV.
- Ghost image with window, fine-line printing with state seal.
- Metallic hologram of State Capitol with a security feature that shows different images depending on viewing angle.
- Holder’s initials and birth year appear over hologram and in upper right (e.g., KS80) in the sample.
- State seal, may show black Real ID or not.
- License does not come with parts printed in ultraviolet ink.
- Bendable card with fine-line design. Digitized with lD and 2D barcodes on back. Licenses must show Kentucky address.